Since 1976, the mission of Richmond Paratransit is to provide safe and reliable transportation for seniors (65 and older) and individuals with disabilities so as to improve their access to community services and activities, to decrease their experience of social isolation, and to enhance their abilities to remain living independently in their chosen communities.
Starting January 3, 2012, the cost per trip will increase due to the rising cost of fuel and operations and for security reasons drivers will no longer accept cash, checks, or tickets but only the new coupons.
Here are the following updates and changes:
- One way trip scheduled up to 10 days in advance will cost 2 coupons ($4.00)
- One way trip scheduled the same-day will be 3 coupons ($6.00)
- Coupon books must be purchased prior to booking a trip.
- Coupons will be sold in books of 10 and will cost $20.00.
- Starting November 15, 2011, coupon books can be purchased through the Cashier’s Office in person, by phone or by mail.
- The Cashier’s Office is located at: 450 Civic Center Plaza, 2nd Floor, Richmond, CA 94804 and reach at 510-620-5533.
- If a Richmond Paratransit client has any van tickets, these can be exchanged for coupons at the Richmond Paratransit Office.
- The Richmond Paratransit Office is located at: 440 Civic Center Plaza, 3rd Floor Richmond, Ca 94804
- The exchange period will be from November 15, 2011 to June 30, 2012.
- Please note Richmond Paratransit will be closed for business December 26, 2011 through January 2, 2012.
Richmond Paratransit, a division within the Recreation Department, provides low-cost transportation services to seniors (65 and older) and persons with disabilities who reside in the City of Richmond and the unincorporated areas of East Richmond Heights, El Sobrante, Kensington, North Richmond, Hasford Heights and Rollingwood.
Programs offered by the Richmond Paratransit are:
• Individual trips
• Group trips
• Standing orders
• Special purpose group tours
• Shuttle services
• Nutrition site transportation
• Subsidized taxi program
If you would like to register for the Richmond Paratransit program, you can send, call, or email your request to us (see contact information).
If you are a current client of the Richmond Paratransit program, you can purchase an ID card, coupon books, and taxi scrips at the cashier’s window located on the second floor of City Hall (450 Civic Center Plaza, Richmond, CA 94804).
- ID Card – $2.00
- Coupon Books – $20.00 (book contains ten $2.00 coupons)
- Taxi Scrip – $15.00 (scrip book contains $30.00 worth of scrip)
Richmond Paratransit Slideshow
440 Civic Center Plaza
Richmond, CA 94804
Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Monday - Sunday
24 Hours a Day